2.18.2015

:: WatW :: il TEATRO OLIMPICO, vicenza.

 

DSC_0447Untitled-2

 

I don’t know if it happens to you as well, but I usually consider beautiful and interesting what I see around the world and I never take time to visit what is close to me… The first time that I have been to South America the people asked me about Rome and I had to admit that I had never be to the città eterna!! Needless to say that we visited Rome the month after our come back!!

The same had happened with Vicenza, where I live, the city of Andrea Palladio (if you studied Architecture you do know who he was!) but even if you are not an architect , you should know that the White House was built following his style. Well… Vicenza and all the palladian villas are UNESCO world heritage sites. And I had never seen o-n-e!!!

Last weekend we decided that it was time to see some of those beauties that we have so close to home and we started with the Olympic Theatre… breathless… It has been his last work, finished in 1585 and it is the first and the most antique Renaissance theatre. I could not take pictures of the whole theatre (wrong lens!) but visit the web site and if it happen that you come to Italy, please some time to visit not only Venezia, Roma and Firenze… Vicenza with the villas and this theatre is a must see!

We visited also Palazzo Chiericati (another palladian work) to see the Antonio Lopez Garcia exibition, but I didn’t took any picture (the girls were tired and I needed to be a full-time mama!!)

DSC_0442Untitled-4   

Non so se vi è mai accaduto ma io abitualmente considero bello e interessante quello che vedo in giro per il mondo e non mi prendo mai il tempo di visitare ciò che ho vicino a casa.. La prima volta che sono stata in Sud America, tutti mi chiedevano di Roma e io dovevo ammettere che non ero mai stata nella città eterna! Non c’è bisogno di aggiungere che abbiamo visitato Roma il mese dopo il nostro ritorno!!

Lo stesso è successo con Vicenza, dove vivo, la città del Palladio (se avete studiato architettura sapere certamente chi è!) ma anche se non siete architetti vi basti pensare che la Casa Bianca è stata disegnata seguendo il suo stile. Beh.. Vicenza e tutte le ville palladiane sono state inserite come patrimonio dell’umanità dall’UNESCO. E non avevo mai vista una!!!!

Lo scorso weekend abbiamo deciso che era tempo di vedere alcune di queste meraviglie che abbiamo sotto casa e abbiamo cominciato con il Teatro Olimpico… sono ancora senza parole… E’ stato l’ultimo lavoro di Palladio, finito nel 1585 è fu il primo e più antico teatro del Rinascimento Italiano. Non sono riuscita a fare foto dell’intero teatro (obiettivo sbagliato…) ma cercate foto dell’insieme su internet e se venite in Italia prendetevi un po’ di tempo per vedere non solo Venezia, Roma e Firenze… Vicenza con le sue ville e questo teatro sono assolutamente da vedere!

Abbiamo visitato anche Palazzo Chiericati (un altro lavoro palladiano) per la mostra di Antonio Lopez Garcia, ma non ho fatto foto (le bimbe erano stanche e avevano bisogno di una mamma a tempo pieno!)

 

I’ll show you more about my city soon!! WHAT ABOUT YOU? SHARE YOUR WOLRD WITH COMMUNAL GLOBAL!!

 

9 commenti:

  1. Anche io, pur abitando a Vicenza, conosco poco la città... e ammetto che ho visitato il teatro olimpico alle superiore per portare in visita i nostri corrispondenti tedeschi! ˆ_ˆ

    RispondiElimina
  2. OMG!!! that is beyond beautiful.... add to that, that I am an architect and I am in love with your country!!!!! GReat post, and love your girls on your last post too!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Wonderful shots! I adore Palladio , you live in one of the most wonderful countries!

    RispondiElimina
  4. It is a grand place with so much beauty and history to see. I think people tend to take for granted what's near, they look farther and skip the beauty of their own.

    RispondiElimina
  5. Beautiful collage of exquisite photography!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    RispondiElimina
  6. What lovely architecture! I could hang around there for a long time taking pictures!

    RispondiElimina
  7. Fantastic photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    RispondiElimina
  8. Yes, I know what you mean. I've been living here for 20 years now and there are still 'tourist' places that I have not visited. I usually only visit these places when we have visitors in town and I get to play tourist along with them. :)

    RispondiElimina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...